If you are having trouble connecting to the online tool for a lesson, the most likely issue is that your camera and/or microphone are not connecting to our platform properly. To troubleshoot the issue, try each of the following steps before moving on to the next.
- Make sure that you’re using the latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Android phone or Apple Safari as your web browser.
- Switch to a different browser. Approved browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Android phone or Apple Safari.
- Clear the history and cookies on your web browser. You’ll need to close the browser and open a new session, before attempting to start the online lesson again.
- Join the lesson from an incognito or private browsing window.
- If the camera and microphone icons in the online tool are muted, try clicking or tapping the icons to activate them. If you were successful, the icons will appear grey.
- Exit and reenter the online room. You should receive a pop-up asking you to allow OnlineTutorLy permission to access your webcam and microphone. Make sure to click “Allow.”
- If you do not receive the pop-up, you can access your “Permissions” from the padlock symbol, located to the left of the URL at the top of the browsing window. You can click or tap this icon to ensure that you “Allow” OnlineTutorLy access to your webcam and microphone.
If you take these steps and continue to experience issues connecting, please let us know. If you’re receiving an error message of any kind, feel free to take a screenshot and WhatsApp us, attach the screenshot to your message to Customer Support. A representative will respond almost immediately via WhatsApp.
If this issue is more urgent in nature, please either give us a call.